Monday, April 05, 2010

Demicod





Time for a well-hidden gem (for most of the readers anyway) and all who know me (yes, I know, I know...and I DO feel sorry for them), I've tried at least one occasion or another stuff this band and album in their hands, ears, toes or crotch one way or another. It is one of those albums that should be in every metal-loving bastards record collection without any excuses.






The year was 2005 when I met this cod-stinking five-piece from Kongsvinger, Norway. I gotta say that year was pretty good regarding finding new music and bands such as FRANTIC BLEEP. In similar manner like their black metal and avantgarde fansy pantsy metallers EMPEROR (just listen to those Ihsahn-like screams), ARCTURUS (variable song structures), SOLEFALD (pure black metal annihilation) and VED BUENS ENDE (exploration to the max), FRANTIC BLEEP offers challenging and inspiring but very fluent and mature metal music to anyone who is ready to give them more time than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.






Words experimental and prgoressive are taken to another level but not in that shitty jazzy way, where everything sounds like a fucking messy twister without a plot and a big smelly washing machine full of distrubing senseless noises. This is different, this is enjoyable. Could I say creativelly unique black and experimental proge metal that should also appeal to fans of CYNIC, GOJIRA, MESHUGGAH, OBSCURA, OPETH and VOIVOD.





Each track of the album is worth to listen to and that's one reason alone to say The Sense Apparatus was the best debut album of the year 2005! Just listen to Sins of Omission or Mandaugher and be amazed like you were hit by a cod in your face, twice.

There's something for everybody: pop music lovers, Mike Patton razzmatazzers, TOOL's atmosphere adoreers, trve evil black metallers, avant garde weirdos, proge masturbators and brutal headbangers. But this album still stays a firm example of not over-doing anything. And that's the magic of this Norwegian group of locos that needs to be heard by more and more average (metal) music consumers.

Now it's your time to get to know this band as well as I. Do it all you will regret. Only one demo released, Fluctuadmission, in 2002 and one album in 2005, it's pretty obvious that we need another one. And I am still wondering, how on earth this album, band so young, and yet so talented didn't get anymore fans and attention back then?

I am astonished by all things considering this magnificent band of Norsk trolls.
Join me.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey! just yesterday while doing some tube-diving I found Arcturus... was a bit shocking since I was listening to some randome Porcupine Tree stuff but caught my attention... have to dig a bit more, they seem interesting...